Greetings friends...
Today is a bummer day for Kari. Thanks to the declining economy and company-cutbacks, I now find myself among the unemployed.
It's strange, I never really thought I would end up in this spot. I figured, hey, I have 6 years under my belt, there's no way it would happen to me or the department I work in. Sadly, to the surprise of everyone, it did. I should be good for about the next 6 weeks, but once that's over, unemployment starts, and the financial strain of almost no income and living by myself could set in.
The cool thing is, after talking with my parents, I can really see God's hand preparing me for this. I hadn't really told anyone yet, but I had quietly made the decision not to return to Amsterdam this year, partially because I knew finances would be tougher. I had also had my eye on some budgeting cutbacks I could do myself, so I already braced myself for what I didn't know was coming. It sucks; I cried a lot this morning, but I'm not worried. Ok, a tiny bit scared, but I know that I serve a God who has never failed me before, so why would He now?
I would ask that for the next few days, please no calls about it. Rehashing the details of my embarrassing snort while trying to hold back tears as I'm losing my job is a little too fresh. The snort may surface again, and no one needs to be subjected to that :) But seriously- I'm doing as good as can be, have a fantastic family that will support me all the way, great friends who I know will keep me encouraged, and a God who is bigger than my work. Or, lack thereof now. I'm already making unemployment jokes, so I guess that's a good sign!
So now I join the countless others in that rising percentage rate of job seekers. I don't remember how on earth to find a job, it's been so long. But thank you Al Gore for inventing the internet so I could look all that up! All I ask for is prayer, a listening ear, and the names of any companies still hiring :)
Until then, my cat Rufus is gonna love having me home every day...

2 comments:
DUDE...So unreal..what an intense time!!
I am all over it though..You are covered in prayer rockin' FOX. I will have your back in any way I possibly can.
I'm glad I read this first; I almost called you. :) Dang girl, I'm sorry. I've been among those ranks recently and will be again soon. It sucks. But you're right, God WILL provide. Always keep your eyes on Him and you'll be fine.
Maybe we could have slumber parties and sit around in our pajamas looking for jobs together. That actually sounds like about the most awesome way EVER to job search. Love you girl. We'll talk SOON. ;)
Post a Comment