It's been almost five weeks since the big layoff and my journey through unemployment. This morning, I found myself with a few tears as I drove home from what I thought was a great possibility.
Being unemployed isn't just about not working. It's not just budgets and cutbacks. It has a lot to do with identity in the world and what defines me as an employable person. That can potentially cut deep into someone's self esteem.
It's not that I don't trust God to find me the perfect job, if that actually exists, and it's not that I don't think He is going to take care of me either way. I just hate being in this position and it's a huge let down when all my efforts get thrown out. Everyone keeps telling me how lucky an employer would be to have me, but somehow that isn't translating. Some people are unemployed for months on end, and here I am complaining after just 5 weeks. I guess new experiences that are a bit uncomfortable get you thinking.
I remain hopeful and trust that everything will work out, but that won't keep me from feeling a little sad now and then...
2 comments:
I'm cheering for you friend...loudly!
I just surfing the web and find your blog.
Don´t worry about your situation. Here in germany the econnomy is as well declining rapidly. Cheer up! I´m as well unemployed as from July 1st. :-(
Ohhh... I looking for foreign relatives with surname HAGELGANZ. Possibly you want to answer me...
... Kai Hagelganz from Minden, Germany
Post a Comment