Today might just be one of those days. It might just be a day where nothing seems to make sense or turn out well. Those days happen; sometimes those days happen all too often. For some strange reason, today is a day when so many things spring to mind that irritate or bother me. I’m not much for complaining a lot, at least I try not to, but today is a day that is constantly reminding me that there’s quite a few things I hate. For example:
I hate being a girl.
Sorry if that’s too much info for those of you who really get my meaning, but more often than not, I wonder why on earth God made me female. I can’t stand all the stereotypical things that come along with being a girl, like being terrible at sports or fixing things (even though it’s usually true). I don’t like the fact that once a month I feel like my insides are falling out and twisting in circles and I’m exhausted for an entire week. I realize that in the garden Eve made some bad choices, but seriously.
I hate being a grown up.
It’s not that being an adult doesn’t have it’s perks, but often times I find myself slightly envious at kids and even plain ol’ naïve people. Living in a world where you have no responsibility must feel amazing. Maybe not very accomplished, but I’m pretty sure the phrase “ignorance is bliss” was written by someone very aware of his blissfully lacking life.
Now I realize that we are approaching the “holiday season” and that I should be thankful instead of ranting my unnecessary complaints. Truth be told, I have many, many things to be thankful for and I really am a blessed person. There’s just some days, like today, where I feel like packing up and starting over. No, I’m not depressed or in danger of feeling worthless or anything. But I definitely wouldn’t mind going back to sleep and re-waking up all over again! Who knows, I may wake up tomorrow and wonder how I could ever written such a whiney post.
PS, is that how you spell whiney?
No comments:
Post a Comment