Friday, November 21, 2008

The Piano

I've recently realized how much I am in love with the piano. I've always known I enjoyed it, but for some reason I just can't get enough lately. Just the piano, nothing else. It doesn't need anything else. The player can create drama and emotion just through simple dynamics and varied chords. It honestly brings me to complete silence. But then again, a lot of good and deep music does that.

If you've never heard Chris Rice's The Living Room Sessions, you should. He also has a Christmas one out. Whether or not you like Christmas music, or the piano, you should listen to them anyway. Somehow, even the Christmas one, it expresses pieces of me. As if certains aspects of my life are represented by this guy plucking out beautiful notes on an instrument.

Yah, I love the piano.

1 comment:

Dana and Andrea Davenport said...

YES!!!! LOVE the piano.
Have you ever laid back and listened to J's album?

Seriously, ridiculousness and beauty all in one.