I was watching Seinfeld last night waiting for another show to come on, and a brief conversation caught my attention:
ELAINE: You know what. I don't have one female friend left.
KRAMER: Oh, no, of course you don't. You're a Man's Woman. You hate other women, and they hate you.
Now, while I have more than one female friend, and I don't hate ALL other women and they don't ALL hate me, there's some serious truth to that. A good portion of the female side of humanity drives me up the wall to the point of self destruction.
I have guy friends and I'm not intimidated by them like many girls have told me they are. I don't enjoy crying, even if you do feel better afterward. The during part sucks and I'd rather just not do it at all. I'd much rather watch an action film over a romantic comedy, because shoot, any time something blows up it's cool! I don't particularly enjoy shopping, the color pink is a recent addition into my life pallet, high heels are uncomfortable, and too many girls in one room for too long makes me uncontrollably claustrophobic.
On the other hand, I can cook, decorate, multi-task, feel the need to eat ice cream when something horrid happens, and actually own enough dresses to count on more than one hand. I'm not saying I wear them, but I do own them.
What does that mean for me?
Who knows. I just thought it was an interesting conversation on TV.
1 comment:
it means you are woman, hear you roar.
we should start a club..we are that cool.
Post a Comment