Went to the doctor today. Told her about my headaches, all the details of when, how long, where the pressure is...left nothing out.
I have officially joined the "I get migraines club"! It's quite an exclusive club, with people lining up to join and pay the thousands of dollars on drugs required. Don't worry, even though I'm a new member I'm sure I can hook you up if you'd like.....
Lame.
So, now begins a journey of trying to find out what triggers them and avoid those things (could be food, stress related activities, weather, noises), and also finding out how to best care for myself when they come (knowing when they are about to start so I can take something to stop the pain). Recommendations like sleep (which I love), massages (who doesn't love those), dark and quiet rooms (sounds so peaceful...) are all on the list from the M.D., and honestly, I'm not so sure this will turn into a bad thing.
Except one thing- it can very easily turn me into a hermit. I do love sleep, and the quiet and restful dark rooms sound wonderful (especially now, as I'm sitting in my room with the lights off begging my head to stop hurting when I should be at youth group hanging with my small group), but those also mean a lot of time alone, and possibly more if the medicine doesn't work or I don't ever find out why I get them.
Of course, I could take the medicine first time, it goes away, and I jump for joy. Who knows. All I know is that right now I'd like a new head (preferably one that is anti-head hurting) and I would really like this feeling of pain and pressure and tension to leave forever (said like Squints in 'The Sandlot").
Please pray with me. All day I wanted to put mufflers on my ears and keep sunglasses on to keep out noise and sunlight. I love the sun! I love music and need it to survive! I want to take this seriously and take care of myself so I can keep livin' the dream.
Oh, and side P.S.- one of the items listed that is a common food trigger: avacados. I don't care how dependent I need to become on medications- nothing is going to keep me away from the guac.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment