Friday, June 19, 2009

Ranked First

Two months... two months has gone by since the big axe was dropped and I lost my job. I'm at the point where I almost couldn't be happier. Not because I suddenly inherited tons of money and don't need to work, but because I'm accomplishing so much more in my life and in the lives of others because of my unemployment. It's been a strange journey, but right now I'm pretty happy to be on it.

On that note- I had an interview at the Sheriff's Office last week. Up until then, I had experienced mostly rejection or had absolutely no responses from companies. It was starting to wear on me a little, but I knew that the perfect place was out there. Then came that interview- I never felt more comfortable! I think that having the mindset that no matter what happened God already had that day set apart for me made all the difference. The county does their recruitment process very different from any I've ever experienced. Typing tests, assessment tests, deadlines etc- all of which led up to that interview. Then, they score the interviews based on your answers and their impression of you. As I walked out of the room, one of the ladies said "wow, I really want you for my department!" Finally!! She also told me that she thought I would work very well in that position and that it would be a great fit. SO encouraging. It was just what I needed to be reminded that there is a place for me out there, and that with a little patience I'll find it.

Sad news is, I may not even be able to get hired there anytime soon. Economy is hitting everyone. However, I did get a fat envelope in the mail today with the results from my interview with them. They do everything in an eligibility ranking system. After the tests and interview, each applicant gets an overall score. I ran out into the rain when the mail came, and tucked the envelope under my shirt to keep from getting wet, and before drying off I ripped open the package and scanned the letter for my rank. I figured I would at least get in the top ten or fifteen, especially since about 40 people applied. I saw my rank, and honestly jumped in the air.

FIRST!!

Talk about another confidence boost!! My overall score was better than I could have imagined. I'm at the top of the running now, and that is such an amazing feeling. I have a year for that score to remain in place, which means they could still hire me. Now I have a 17 page history packet to fill out, which will take days, but if it gets me closer to finally getting a job, one that will be the next big adventure in my life, it's worth it.

Thanks everyone for all the prayers and support. It's been a wild ride, but I think it's been rather fun. Don't you?

:)

1 comment:

HAGi said...

Congratulation!!!