Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Thoughts

I have so many thoughts running through my head all day long. Sometimes I think I need to write them out for them to make sense, but they are often so personal that I feel writing them would make them too real and then I would have to deal with them. I will admit it-I have many insecurities and doubts that I rarely share. Fears that if I were to confess might make me seem weak and frail.

But then... I see something beautiful, like a child's smile or an act of pure kindness, and all those thoughts disappear for a short moment. They don't matter and I feel ashamed for ever thinking them. Sure they reappear, but in those brief times of reprieve I am so thankful.

Maybe someday I will be brave enough to share some of my thoughts...but until then, I will instead write the less scary ones and hope they bring some sort of insight or encouragement to those who read them.