Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Blocked

Lately, all I have wanted to do is write. I picture myself sitting down at my computer with a glass of water nearby, my phone turned off, and only a window open for light. I envision writing detailed stories of my past, creating new adventures in the fictional world, all of which inspire and give me a sense of purpose.

But when I get home and see my computer, I can't find words. I honestly stare at the computer, wishing that inspiration would come, digging into my memory for something to write about, and nothing comes. Frustrated, I move on with my day and never write.

There are isolated times when I do feel inspired, and ironically I am never in a position to write anything down. I purchased a flash drive to keep with me in case I was near a computer and could quickly type out some thoughts. I always have a notebook filled with empty pages in my bag in case I see something that sparks an idea.

But it's the random times I don't have these things that I get the urge to create.

It's a strange conflict, and one I'm not so sure how to combat.

No comments: