Friday, April 26, 2013

Off The Cuff

Normally, I sit down with Word or Pages open, start a blog draft, edit through a few times, copy and paste into the blog editor, edit again, then post. Tonight, I'm trying something different. I'm just writing, straight from the editor, with no edits. As in, I won't be going back and rewriting or changing anything (other than words that get mistyped because I'm a faster typer than my computer can keep up with).

It's my last night in sunny Arizona, and I'm extremely thankful for the time spent here. It wasn't one of those crazy vacations with tons of off the wall plans and activities. And although I didn't sleep in once, I know that my mind and body rested simply by being in a different environment. I mean, the lack of humidity alone is refreshing. Especially when the temperature gets up to 93 degrees.

In addition, I have a list of items that I can write down on my epic board (the one previously mentioned where I'm living more intentionally during my 30th year), and that's an accomplishment as well. Finished a book, tried new foods, heck, I'll even add this blog once it's published.

This week, I spent time with great people, met new ones, observed many more, and even got into a kiddie swimming pool (that's right G, Auntie Kari loves you). I had home cooked meals, a hammock to read in, my own room (with a TV) and heard the coos and ahhs from the sweetest munchkin (even when she's crying at 2am, she's still the sweetest) in the morning when I woke up. And for the first time in many years, there's a color other than blinding white on my skin. It's very odd, and I feel a little younger for some reason...

All in all, it's been a great week that I won't soon forget, and wouldn't mind repeating in the future. Tomorrow I go back to reality with laundry and grocery shopping in my future, but I will have rest and relaxation to last me a while, and a few take home prizes (ok, souvenirs that I purchased) to remind me that I in fact did take vacation in Arizona.

No comments: