That article was so spot on it was humorous. Each item, 23
in all, detailed things that represent me so well, I really did LOL at one
point. Yes, I just used LOL to make a point. The truth is, once I accepted that
I am in fact in introvert, it became easier to live. I stopped apologizing,
whether out loud or in my head, for wanting to go home and take a breather
after being out of the house too long. I actually enjoy the times I spend
hibernating after a crazy week, regardless if it's a good or bad week. The
sheer amount of energy it takes to concentrate in a world full of thousands of
distractions and stimulations is exhausting, and I love coming home and having
those moments of deep relief.
Now, that isn’t to say that I want to be alone the rest of
my life, but having that recharge time is crucial. For example, I love events.
I love planning them, organizing them, getting the problems solved and then
watching the whole thing come together with any number of attendees and seeing
how much fun people have. But after it’s over, and the clean up has happened
and everyone has said their goodbyes, the only thing on my mind is getting home
as fast as possible, putting pajama pants on and sitting on the couch doing
absolutely nothing. I might even stare at the fireplace or the TV, with nothing
playing. Eventually the multi-tasker in me will put a movie on or find another
activity to do, but it’s in the comfort of home, without answering to anyone
else for something, and getting that recharge time where my brain chooses how
interactive to be. Once the inner monologue starts back up I know I’m good to
go for another day.
Plus, being an introvert means that you can constantly
surprise people more often. An unexpected moment of spontaneity from an
introvert is always a good crowd pleaser.
So, what are you, and have you accepted what you
are?
No comments:
Post a Comment