Today, I bought two things that remind me of my European trip and have helped rekindle that longing to go back. The first, an old black and white photo I spotted amongst beach and oriental themed art, showing the tall, unique buildings of Amsterdam behind a lampost near a bridge. I hung it up under a picture I took of a cathedral at night. I know I've been on that bridge, seen the buildings, looked over at the water. I know that city.
The second is a song on iTunes that I actually found out existed on recording from my dear friend Andie. She played it for me for entirely other reasons, but I originally heard it in Holland. At the Tabernacle during the gay pride weekend, this song was sung and I'd never heard it before, but the words caught my attention. The style done in Amsterdam was a little different, almost more upbeat. Casting Crowns is the one I bought today. The video on this link is kinda cheesy, but you can hear the song and some of the words are there. I'm not usually a big fan of songs that point out that God is my friend, because they usually sound prideful, but this one has a more sincere meaning to me. I don't really care if you agree or not-the song reminds me of Amsterdam and the arrangement is beautiful, and that's all I really need.
Still waiting to get that "ok" to go back.
1 comment:
LOL! Preach! Like it or not, it's a sweet ditty!
Post a Comment