Just spent a glorious weekend with some seriously rad ladies.
I'm not really a "chick weekend retreat" kinda girl, but I had some fantastic girls in the worship band that worked so hard and put their whole hearts into it, amazing and phenomenal roommates in a great A-Frame Cabin complete with spiders, and met new faces and reconnected with even more.
God knows when we need to slow down, when we need to take time for ourselves, and even though most of the married women called their husbands now and then, it was a blessed time away and I was honestly surprised.
At the beginning of the weekend, I had serious apprehensions; there was a restlessnes I felt and I couldn't pinpoint the reason behind it. But as soon as it was time for the worship to start and the music began, all my cares were gone and I was able to sing freely to my Creator. The rest of the weekend flowed with ease, complete with a game of laughter (in which Andie, Katie and I about went hoarse with uncontrollable "guffaws") and curtains mistaken for something I really don't think curtains have ever been compared to before. Ever. I listend to three pastor's wives share their heart on peace and contentment, watched my dear ol' Ma being the social butterfly, failed miserably at putting a puzzle together, wore a scarf around my head like a "home dawg", leaped on a large tree swing and reminisced the memories from junior high camps spent in the same camp center.
Pretty sure I retreated, in the "restful" sense of the word, and now look forward to going through my life and filtering out the things that are not needful, and keeping those that are.
Here's to women's reatreats!! (and next year we are so busting out capture the flag...)
PS-thank you Shasta, Theresa, Deborah, Katie and Ma for your amazing work on the worship-you were all my rockstars!
And thanks to Jane, Andie and Katie- Cabin 8 seriously made my world go round :)
1 comment:
You summed it up PERFECTLY! Lol...
I couldn't sum up this weekend more perfectly myself!! :)
Love you so much girl..here's to spiders, STD's, Guffaw's and swing time. ;)
Post a Comment