My little sister gets married in a week. As in one week from now, we will be finishing up the rehearsal dinner, packing bags full of supplies and necessary items for a massively crazy but awesome day, going over the final schedule of events, and pretending that in a few hours we'll all sleep great.
Are you kidding me?! How did this happen?!
I've always known she would be the first to get hitched. Don't ask why, I just did. In February when the game show proposal happened, I had no idea how fast the time would fly to this point. Three showers later and on the eve of the bachelorette party, we're almost done.
Then there's the speech. Or is it a toast... the one where they hand the Best Man and the Maid of Honor a microphone and we're supposed to say something. Preferably about the bride and/or groom, and apparently something nice and pleasant. I've been mulling this one over for months. How do you sum up the life of sisters, about to be separated by last names, without being cheesy and cliche? I'm thinking it's not possible.
UNLESS....
Unless I bring visual aids!! I'm thinking I should pack up a projector, an old school slide projector, with youthful pictures and plenty of blackmail. The pictures from the 80's with big hair and cut-off sweatshirts, the goofy outfits we assembled, the embarrassing bath-time photos, and maybe, if I have enough time, piece together a quick montage of video footage of Lo and I "playing wedding". OR maybe gigantic photos of our glory days pasted on large pieces of styrofoam board! I mean, after all, I have to show the groom, my brother-in-law, what he's in for. The good, the bad, the ugly, and the awesomeness that is childhood pictures.
I could pack all that in with my dress, shoes, makeup, present, extra clothes, wedding supplies, decorations.... hmm... I think I'm out of room already. Maybe I'll have to go with a last minute song and dance instead.
Any suggestions? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment