Monday, July 5, 2010

A Year of Time

About this time a year ago, I was sitting in my one bedroom apartment jobless, miserable with the heat and no air conditioning except in my car, strapped for cash but planning a trip to Europe and counting down the days til my solidarity was over and I gained a roommate.

Today, I woke up to the sound of that roommate making coffee after sleeping in our two bedroom apartment with a personal air conditioner in my room. I finished my 7th week at the best job I've had and that leaves me more fulfilled and useful than I've ever felt in my life. I'm wearing a sweatshirt instead of sitting on the couch with 5 fans pointed at me and finding it hard to breath from heat. I have pictures of my European trips on the walls and am no longer afraid of running out of money. I've witnessed my one and only little sister get married to the best possible match on earth, seen people and friends in my life grow up and learn the balance of responsibility and fun and learned some pretty valuable lessons myself.

Whatever this current time of reflection is stemming from, it's sure nice to sit here on my day off and feel utterly relaxed and content with life. I know things will soon change, and I know that those changes will bring the good and the bad with them, but right now I am pretty happy and thankful. The heat is coming...so they say... and we'll see what life holds then and the rest of the summer. Not gonna lie-I'm ready for Fall. :)

No comments: