Sunday, July 27, 2008

Acts 20:24

Everything works out when you trust in God-always. Yesterday, after missing our first train and a slight panic attack from me (mostly because we practically ran 15 minutes to get to the train, only to miss it), we finally made it to the Cross Culture Calvary Chapel (C4) and had a seriously great time. The people there were amazing and so kind. They picked us up, prayed with us, gave us food, and made us feel at home.

The Dutchies are here with us, and it's such a different vibe already. We have some returning students from last year, on both teams, so those who knew each other are picking up where they left off, and the rest are playing catch up, but all are seeming to have open hearts and ready to have fun. I'm a tiny bit anxious, only because the returning people keep talking about how awesome last year was, so I'm just praying that what we do will be just as impactful. One of the girls has already decided she's just calling me mom; she is precious and amazing to have around. Having Shey, Maarten and Arto here is great too, since I already know them a bit. Today we are going to rent some bikes (even though it's kinda rainy, and sadly muggy) and just hang out with our Dutchies. I'm still feeling exhausted, still dealing with some physical irritations, but waiting on God to take care of it all.

I do ask prayer that our team would be gracious to each other-we've been spending a lot of time together and it's been about a week, the time when people start to get at each other's throats and get a little short. Please pray against this, as I want no discension or anything that could distract from what God has for us. Pray that Ryan and I can be effective in leading by example and providing the right attitude for them.

Time to call the bike place...good thing the Dutchies all have their cell phones here! :)

No comments: